On Friday, September 23 in the Golden Room of Hotel Grande Bretagne the “Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation” hosted the 3rd National Violin Competition for the Ismene Chrysochoou-Karter & George Karter Scholarship, for violin studies in an acknowledged Academic Music Institution abroad. The Competition, organized under the auspices of the “Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation”, is held with the kind sponsorship of Mrs. Ismene Chrysochoou-Karter, distinguished violinist and violin professor of the Athenian Conservatory, dedicated to the memory of her late husband George Karter, prominent intellectual, journalist and director of the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT).
With the unanimous decision of the judges, the winners of the scholarship are Maria Ismini Anastasiadou and Aggeliki Georgiadi, students of the Royal Academy of Music in London and the Musik und Kunst Privatuniversitat of Vienna respectively.
On Saturday, September 24, the award ceremony and concert took place in the Golden Room of Hotel Grande Bretagne. Scholars Maria Ismini Anastasiadou and Aggeliki Georgiadi, as well as candidate Savvas Lagou, performed pieces by N. Paganini, M. Bruch, E. Ysaye, S. Prokofiev and C. Saint-Saens. They were accompanied by pianists Thanos Margetis and Ludmila Paschalidou.
Panel of Judges
• Dimitris Agrafiotis, Head of the Panel, Conductor
• Pantelis Despotidis, 1st Violin in the Greek National Opera, 1st Violin in the Athens State Orchestra, Professor of Violin in the Athenian Conservatory and the Attiko Conservatory of Athens
• Nina Patrikidou, 1st Violin in the Greek National Opera, Professor of Violin
• Giannis Tzoumanis, 1st Violin in the Athens State Orchestra, Professor of Violin in the Athenian Conservatory
• Ismene Chrysochoou-Κarter, Violinist, Professor in the Athenian Conservatory and The Piraeus Society