Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation and Tsinghua University Seminar
“China, Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean”
10 & 11 May 2019
A two-day seminar, taking place at the Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation on Friday 10 and Saturday 11 May 2019, will bring together scholars from China and Greece in order to present and discuss various aspects of China-Greece relations with special focus on the Eastern Mediterranean.
Speakers from Greece will include:
1. Konstantinos Arvanitopoulos, Professor of International Relations, Department of International, European and Area Studies at Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens.
2. Charalambos Papasotiriou, Professor of International Relations and Strategic Studies, Department of International, European and Area Studies at Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens.
3. Athanasios Platias, Professor of Strategy, Department of International and European Studies at the University of Piraeus.
4. Angelos Syrigos, Associate Professor of International Law and Foreign Policy, Department of International, European and Area Studies at Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens.
5. Panos Laskaridis, shipowner, President European Community Shipowners’ Associations, President of the Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation.
Speakers from China will include:
1. Zhang Lihua, Professor, director of Research Center for China-EU Relations Tsinghua University.
2. Zhao Kejin, Professor, vice dean of the School of Social Sciences Tsinghua University.
3. Younan, Postdoctoral of the Institute of International Relations Tsinghua University.
4. Trigkas Vasileios, PH.D. candidate of the Institute of International Relations Tsinghua University.
5. Liu Zuokui, Senior Research Fellow, Director of the Department of Central and Eastern European Studies, Institute of European Studies, CASS; Director of the Secretariat Office of the “16+1 Think Tanks Network”, CASS.
6. Song Xiaomin, Associate Research Fellow, Institute of European Studies of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
7. Meng Hong, Senior Research Fellow, Research Center for German Renmin University of China.
Friday, 10 May 2019: Registration and first session 16:00-20:00
Saturday, 11 May 2019: Second and third sessions 09:00-18:00
A detailed timetable and further details will be announced in due course.