The Foundation’s Scientific Advisory Committee is comprised of 12 members who are prominent academics, scientists and distinguished members of the artistic, literary, research and technology communities, specializing in matters relating to the Foundation and its work and aiming to fulfill the Foundation’s goals.
The Scientific Committee’s members are appointed by the Board of Directors for a four-year term.
Members of the Scientific Advisory Committee:
- Athanassios Fokas, President of the Scientific Committee, Professor at the University of Cambridge, Member of the Academy of Athens
- Konstantina Adamopoulou, Archivist, Director of the Hydra Museum
- Konstantinos Aravosis, Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, National and Technical University of Athens
- Maria Georgopoulou, Director of the Gennadius Library
- Dr. George Gratsos, President of the Hellenic Chamber of Shipping
- Maria Zouridou–Liapi, Professor Emeritus, Chemistry Department of the University of Athens
- Athanasios Markopoulos, Professor Emeritus of Byzantine Philology, University of Athens
- Ioannis Marmarinos, Professor Emeritus of Pedagogy, University of Athens
- Eleni Nikoloudaki–Kokorelia, Architect
- Leonidas Resvanis, Professor of Phsyics, University of Athens, Director of Institute for Astroparticle Physics “Nestor”
- Panagiotis N. Soukakos, Professor of Οrthopaedics, Scientific Advisor
- Despoina Stratigi, Historian