The Akaterini Laskaridis Foundation organizes an educational cycle of five (5) meetings on the prevention of child abuse and gender-based violence, in the framework of the International Day against Child Abuse (19/11) and the International Day for the Rights of the Child (20/11).
The seminar will provide a general overview and identification of the phenomenon of child abuse, discuss the basic indications of abuse in children, the role of perceptions in the issue of violence and gender stereotypes, while the role of the school and the legal side regarding the management of abuse incidents will be presented. The seminar will be completed in five two-hour meetings that will take place online and are addressed to all interested parties.
- Dr. Anastasia Koumoula, Child and adolescent psychiatrist, Coordinator and Scientific Coordinator of the Initiative for the Mental Health of Children and Adolescents
- Eva Kogiannaki, Lawyer, Head of the Athens Juvenile Probation Service
- George Moschos, Lawyer, Children’s Rights Expert
- Maria Psarrakou, Psychologist, MSc in Criminology, Existential – Systemic Therapist, Institute of Child Health.
- Konstantina Sklavou, Assist. Professor, Department of Social Work, Univ. West Attica
Participation fee: 50 euros
Students: 35 euros (with demonstration of student ID)
Unemployed: Free (with demonstration of unemployment card)
The link for your participation in the seminar will be sent to the e-mail you will state in the participation form.
Participants will be given a certificate of attendance. The seminar will be conducted in greek.
In order to participate in the seminar it is necessary to fill in the online application and until November 15, 2023 you need to deposit the amount of money in the bank account IBAN GR56 0260 2460 0000 3020 0244 833, EUROBANK bank, with the indication in the reason “For Mental Health Sector” and send us the deposit receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org email